Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Bpclntcmd -pn not working...

2009-09-17 15:10:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Bpclntcmd -pn not working...
From: "Kalusche, Dan" <Dan.Kalusche AT AndersenCorp DOT com>
To: "Veritas List" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 14:07:20 -0500

Hey all -
Strange situation - I can't seem to run the BAR gui from my desktop efficiently.  It hangs and is sluggish.  Restores take forever to fire off.

I've also discovered that the bpclntcmd -pn doesn't return anything from my remote admin desktop.
Manual DNS queries work from my laptop, and from the master.
Bpclntcmd -ip and -hn work from both as well…
Very strange - I've done some googling on the problem, but haven't found an answer yet…
Any ideas from any of you?
Thanks,

Dan K