Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Fragment size for LTO4 on NBU 6.x

2009-09-16 15:39:31
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Fragment size for LTO4 on NBU 6.x
From: Jim VandeVegt <vandevegt AT yahoo DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 12:36:12 -0700 (PDT)
I'm still on LTO2 and have the max fragment size set to 8GB. That's a file every few minutes if the drive is allowed to run full speed. Will probably multiply by 2 or 4 when I ever upgrade.

Jim VandeVegt
VandeVegt @t yahoo.com

From: oersted <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>

tape drive will use LOCATE BLOCK to first file to restore, then search from there.