Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Active Tapes Had Bar Codes Removed

2009-09-16 10:09:22
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Active Tapes Had Bar Codes Removed
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: "Donaldson, Mark" <Mark.Donaldson AT Staples DOT com>, "Billingham, Jason" <BillinJA AT Mapleleaf DOT ca>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 09:43:03 -0400
I've got two suggestions.  I used to manage one site without a barcode
reader.  We used bephyinv to physically mount each tape and read the
media header.  You would have to disable your barcode reader to pull
this off.  A better solution (although I can't recall ever doing this)
would be to us vmchange to assign the mediaID in Netbackup to a new
barcode label.

>From the documentation:

Change the barcode for a volume
install_path\Volmgr\bin\vmchange [-h volume_database_host] -barcode
barcode -m media_id [-rt robot_type]

-Jonathan