Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Error code 800 on backups at the weekend

2009-08-24 15:45:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Error code 800 on backups at the weekend
From: David McWilliams <davidkmcw AT gmail DOT com>
To: NetBackup List <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 15:42:26 -0400
Every one of our backups this weekend gave an error code 800 and failed this weekend. We recived this one night last week, but after a reboot of the backup server all was well. Today I tried deleteing and re-adding the tape drives and again all is well. Can anyone provide any insight into what may be going on? The environment has been rock solid for a number of months before this.

The backup server is Windows 2003 R2 SP2, the clients are a mix of Windows, Linux & NDMP, all failed in the same way. We are running NetBackup 6.5.3.1. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David