Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Migrate master server to new hardware

2009-08-21 14:28:25
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Migrate master server to new hardware
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 13:25:16 -0500
On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 7:02 AM, fredriklindgren <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:

We are about to migrate our NetBackup master server from old hardware to a new and at the same time upgrade from SLES9 to SLES10 and do a hostname change. The server is a pure master and have no connections to disk or tape. It is connected to 5 media servers.

2 out of 3 isn't that hard.  You can upgrade to a new server and OS release, but you should keep the hostname the same.  Changing the hostname is not supported and can be non-trivial to do.

Do you really, really have to change the hostname?
    .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org