Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Migrate master server to new hardware

2009-08-21 14:11:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Migrate master server to new hardware
From: fredriklindgren <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 08:02:16 -0400
We are about to migrate our NetBackup master server from old hardware to a new
and at the same time upgrade from SLES9 to SLES10 and do a hostname change. The
server is a pure master and have no connections to disk or tape. It is
connected to 5 media servers.

Is there a best practice for these kind of migration? Can it be done with a DR?

Did some googling and found a post over at the official Symantec forum that
Symantec support can not assist in these kind of operations and you should
contact Syamantec Consulting Service.

These kind of migrations must be done frequently around NetBackup customers so
I am hoping there are some NetBackup gurus out there that's been through this
before that could give me some good advices?

Regards
Fredrik Lindgren