Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] run a script on the Master any time a backup job starts

2009-08-19 09:42:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] run a script on the Master any time a backup job starts
From: root user <devrdskc0t0d0 AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 09:39:41 -0400

Need to run a script on the Master server when each backup job starts.

I tried "parent_start_notify" and found that it only runs for policies that have "Allow Multiple Data Streams" checked.

It seems to me that there should be some script that can be run reliably on the master every time a backup runs...  Any suggestions?

??? -- runs on Master when a job starts.
backup_exit_notify -- runs on Master when a job completes.

bpstart_notify  -- runs on Client when a job starts.
bpend_notify   -- runs on Client when a job completes