Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] ACSLS issue

2009-08-18 15:50:16
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] ACSLS issue
From: Omar A Villa <omar.a.villa AT jpmchase DOT com>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU" <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 15:44:10 -0400
Here is a little not that I have about how to troubleshoot ACSLS, hope it can
help.

Grab logs: # .//export/home/ACSSS/diag/bin/get_data.sh

1) Check the /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log for ACSD orAVRD errors.
2) View the acsssi event.log for failures (windows)
3) Look to see if /usr/openv/volmgr/vm.conf file has been changed (addition or
deletion of ACS directives.)
4) Initiate a ping between the Media Server and ACS - Typically the problem is
not that easy...
5) Run these commands and see if they return errors
rpcinfo {acsls_hostname} > /tmp/rpcinfo.acsls
rpcinfo -t {acsls_hostname} 30031 2 > /tmp/rpcinfo-t.2
rpcinfo -t {acsls_hostname} 30031 1 > /tmp/rpcinfo-t.1
See if this command returns information.
# rpcinfo
If no information is returned, this may mean that rpcbind is not running on
that server.
Relevant NetBackup logs:
/usr/openv/volmgr/debug/daemon
/usr/openv/volmgr/debug/reqlib
/usr/openv/volmgr/debug/acsssi
Turn on 'csi' tracing on the ACSLS server.
Review these ACS logs.
/export/home/ACSSS/log/acsss_event.log
/export/home/ACSSS/log/acsss_trace.log

regards