Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] 4GB file size limitations?

2009-08-14 09:36:13
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] 4GB file size limitations?
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: Bobby R Windle <bwindle AT wlgore DOT com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 09:33:05 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Bob,

Per:
ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/290196.pdf

Note: An enhancement has been added to this release of NetBackup that
enables a NetBackup client to back up and restore the NSS file system on
SLES Linux (OES Linux).

It does not however mention any caveats that I could find on file size
(such as with HP-UX):

HP-UX 11.00 PHKL_287663 This patch will allow HP-UX 11.00 mmap() to use
large files from 2GB to 4GB.

Do you get an error when it tries to backup the data past 4GB, e.g.
completed partially successful or?  Sounds like you need to open a case.

Justin.