Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SSO and VTL

2009-08-03 17:01:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SSO and VTL
From: Heathe Kyle Yeakley <hkyeakley AT gmail DOT com>
To: Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 15:58:47 -0700
I'm sitting in a NetApp VTL class right now, and we're discussing how to
setup the VTL in NetBackup. The instructor just brought up an
interesting point. With VTL, you can create multiple "drives" for free,
and then present those drives to different master/media servers. Because
of this, NetApp advises to NOT purchase SSO when using a VTL. I think
that's an interesting point.

Is anyone out there using SSO & VTL? I'm interested in seeing how other
folks have implemented these two technologies together.

Thanks.

--
- Heathe Kyle Yeakley