Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Sybase backups

2009-07-27 13:53:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Sybase backups
From: dwmarsh <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 13:50:34 -0400
I have a Master Server and a Media Server (both Windos 2003). My Sybase server
is a Solaris 8 server.

I have copied the sample scripts to a new location and have modified one of the
scripts to dump the database.  I created two policies of type Sybase (one for
the transaction log and one for the database).  Each has a
Default-Application-Backup, whatever that is, and a Full backup.

When I try to run the "Full" for the database, it returns error 245 "the
specified policy is not of the correct client type".

I can see that the script is running on the Sybase server because the dump
command file is being created.  However, it doesn't look like the command is
being executed and returning the data to the NetBackup server.

I guess I need a lot of help.  I am not a DBA and I'm reasonably new to
NetBackup.  I have many regular jobs set up and working, and I recently got my
NDMP jobs working.  So now I'm trying to tackle databases.  I do also have
Oracle databases I'll be wanting to back up next.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

- Dale