Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Admin console unable to fetch data classifications or storage life cycle policies

2009-07-24 11:48:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Admin console unable to fetch data classifications or storage life cycle policies
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 10:43:36 -0500
NBU 6.5.3.1 on Solaris 10 master and Windows 2003 media servers.

I have 2 (out of 2) separate Windows-based admin consoles suddenly complaining that they're unable to fetch the data classifications or the storage life cycle policies.   From the master, running nbdc -l works fine.  We don't use data classifications of SLPs anyway, so it doesn't bother me much except these timeouts should not be happening.  I have a similar issue, although worded differently, running the java admin console directly on the master.

Any ideas which daemon is hosed?

Thanks,
   .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE