Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Tru64 and LTO4 drives

2009-07-23 07:05:51
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Tru64 and LTO4 drives
From: Bluejay AT fujigreenwood DOT com
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 07:01:45 -0400
>After zoning the libraries in, installing
> the device mappings files from Symantec support and what not,

What "device mapping files"? In all my years with Tru64, the only thing
I've had to do to use a new tape drive was do a SCSI bus scan (hwmgr -scan
scsi (v5) or scu scan edt (v4)). I'm only up to LTO3, though, so maybe
LTO4 is a different beast.

What version of Tru64 are you running?

>Does anyone out there use Tru64 with LTO 3 or 4
> drives? If so, what kind of throughput are you getting and (if you're
> getting better than 50 MB/s) did you have to perform any weird voodoo to

> get that throughput?

I'm running a block size of 256k on my LTO3 drives, 32 buffers (60k is
probably low). With those settings I regularly see 90mb/sec+. The
NetBackup buffer size and number of buffers are the only parameters I've
manipulated. My servers are 3 CPU ES40s with 6gb RAM.

                                                                      -
Bluejay Adametz

The person who has nothing to say often proves it.