Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Exchange Agent

2009-07-20 14:50:11
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Exchange Agent
From: Wayne T Smith <wts AT maine DOT edu>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 14:46:02 -0400
Hi Mark,

I have 2 much smaller Exchange servers (120GB & 200GB) and use the NBU
Exchange agent (still v5.1 for the moment).

I find the agent does as well pushing data as a small-file-count file
system backup (i.e., very well!), with differential incrementals being a
bit slower ... maybe half-speed, but even my active Exchange server
changes only about 2% per day. (So incremental backup times are a big
win here).

"Mailbox" backups were unbelievably slow and error prone (terminations
as well as never ending backups); think of mismatched network adapters
and then slow down some more. :-(

Cheers, Wayne