Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Which is Best for My NetBackup Master - 32

2009-07-19 21:10:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Which is Best for My NetBackup Master - 32
From: Crowey <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 21:06:55 -0400

Eagle, Kent wrote:
> Karthikeyan,
> Is my master utilizing this full 8GB of RAM ? if not how can I make my
> master to go ahead and use 8 GB of RAM.
>
> How can know how much memory my master utilizing ?

Unless you're running Enterprise Server, then answer is no, you're addressing a
max of 4gb of RAM.

To use >4gb you need to ideally run a 64bit version of Windows Server (or you
could run a 32bit version of Enterprise/DataCentre server - but why would you?)

To check memory usage, easiest is to just right-click on My Computer and select
Properties - the first Tab (General) should show you the memory being addressed
by the server.