Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Windows Scratch Script

2009-07-17 13:42:34
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Windows Scratch Script
From: <Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 12:39:07 -0500

Michael,

Thanks for the reply. I actually got it working and forgot to update the list.

My solution was to install Cygwin, configure blat as the email provider, edit the nbmail.cmd script, and make changes to our standard Unix scratch script to work in Cygwin.

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP, VCS ▪ Sr. Storage Engineer ▪ SunGard Availability Services ▪ 757 N. Eldridge Suite 200, Houston TX 77079 ▪ 281-584-4693
Keeping People and Information Connected® ▪ http://availability.sungard.com/
P Think before you print
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.

Michael Graff Andersen <mian71 AT gmail DOT com>

07/17/2009 03:58 AM

Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com
cc
veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] Windows Scratch Script

Hi Rusty

I have just made this small bat script for check of number LTO3 (L3) scratch tapes  in the robot (TLD)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@echo off
"C:\Program Files\Veritas\Volmgr\bin\vmquery.exe" -pn Scratch -b | find "L3" | find /c "TLD" > e:\temp\number.txt

for /f %%i in (e:\temp\number.txt) do set NUMBER=%%i
IF %NUMBER% LEQ 10 (
echo "There is only %NUMBER% scratch tapes" > e:\temp\scratch_mail.txt
blat e:\temp\scratch_mail.txt -s "There is only %NUMBER% scratch tapes" -i "NetBackup at backupserver" -t servicedesk at company.domain -q
)

Regards

Michael
2009/6/2 <Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com>

Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you with Windows Masters could share your scratch notification batch script, if you have one. I happen to be in need of this and my Windows scripting skills have gone unused for a few years.

Thanks!!