Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disk-to-disk recommended vendors

2009-07-14 02:13:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disk-to-disk recommended vendors
From: WALLEBROEK Bart <Bart.WALLEBROEK AT swift DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 08:09:50 +0200
For a remote unmanned site I need to setup a small NetBackup backup
environment.  This site will be clustered with both sites 100km's apart from
each other.  Backup of 1 site goes to the other site and vice versa.  Because
of the fact it is unmanned I ruled out tape robots.
So I am looking for disk cabinets where I can backup my servers to.  Size
(keeping in mind the retention) should be around 30 TB (no dedup).

Does any of you have good (or even bad) experiences with disk-to-disk vendors
selling this kind of product ?  Any recommendations ?

The other option would be NetBackup Puredisk (which is in fact software dedup).

Best Regards,
Bart WALLEBROEK
Backup admin
Enterprise Applications Delivery - Infrastructure Management
S.W.I.F.T. SCRL