Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VMWare Error 58 on 6.5.1 Clients

2009-07-10 13:27:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VMWare Error 58 on 6.5.1 Clients
From: <anthony.kulakusky AT sepracor DOT com>
To: <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 13:24:29 -0400

Hi Everyone,

We recently updated our NetBackup clients to 6.5.1 and we're experiencing error code 58 on a Virtual Machine just about every night.  We've had 10 (all windows) servers fail and 3 of them have failed multiple times.  They have never failed on consecutive backups.  I just looked to make sure our VMWare version matched the VM Tools version.  They are failing on different VMWare hosts in our Production and Test and Development areas which are totally separate.  This started happening right after our VMWare upgrade to 3.5 Update 4 and our client upgrades from 5.1 to 6.5.1.  Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions or has experienced this as well.

Thank You

Anthony Kulakusky
Anthony.Kulakusky AT sepracor DOT com

THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS COMMUNICATION AND ANY ATTACHMENTS HERETO IS CONFIDENTIAL, MAY BE ATTORNEY-CLIENT PRIVILEGED, AND IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL USE OF THE ADDRESSEE(S). IF THE READER OF THIS MESSAGE IS NOT AN INTENDED RECIPIENT, OR AN AGENT THEREOF, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT ANY REVIEW, USE, DISSEMINATION, DISTRIBUTION, OR COPYING OF THIS COMMUNICATION OR ANY ATTACHMENT HERETO IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS MESSAGE IN ERROR, PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY BY E-MAIL, AND DELETE THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE.