Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Question when importing tapes [expiration dates]

2009-07-10 10:00:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Question when importing tapes [expiration dates]
From: tsimerson <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 09:57:00 -0400
It will reset the expiration to the future.  Think of if like the images on
that tape were all backed up at the time of the import.  The expiration date is
then recalculated based upon that import date.  It's a pain but if you are
aware of if you can work around it.

I've frozen the media (suspend will work also) after performing the phase1
import.  Good idea to prevent NBU from adding data to the tape.

If you know which images have expired, you can do a more selective phase 2
import just importing the images you know that have not expired.