Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Incorrect Storage Unit

2009-07-02 14:40:53
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Incorrect Storage Unit
From: <Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com>
To: Heathe Kyle Yeakley <hkyeakley AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 13:37:29 -0500

If the other suggestions don't pan out, check that the GUI matches the master version. If you aren't using the correctly patched version of the GUI you can have issues with Storage Units, Volume Pool, etc. selection.

Use the command bppllist to print out the configuration for that policy to see what it really, truly is set to.

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP, VCS ▪ Sr. Storage Engineer ▪ SunGard Availability Services ▪ 757 N. Eldridge Suite 200, Houston TX 77079 ▪ 281-584-4693
Keeping People and Information Connected® ▪ http://availability.sungard.com/
P Think before you print
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.

Heathe Kyle Yeakley <hkyeakley AT gmail DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

07/02/2009 11:41 AM

VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu] Incorrect Storage Unit

I have installed a new tape library(tld1). I still have my original
library (tld0) connected. I've taken a couple of policies, copied them
to new policies and changed only the storage unit within the policy from
media-server-tld0 to media-server-tld1. I manually executed a test
backup of PolicyA-TLD1 and saw exactly what I expected to see: The
policy contacted the new robot, mounted a new tape and ran the backup on
the new library, finishing with status code 0.

When I do the same thing with a second policy, PolicyB-TLD1 is
contacting the original library, mounting tapes in the original
library... etc. It finishes successfully, but I can't figure out why it
isn't contacting the new library. I've gone back in and made sure that
the storage unit in PolicyB-TLD1 is TLD1 and not TLD0, and it is set
correctly.

Any thoughts while I dig around the Symantec website?

Thank you.

 - Heathe Kyle Yeakley