Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SLP behavior question

2009-07-02 09:44:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SLP behavior question
From: "Stafford, Geoff" <GStafford AT barclaycardus DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 09:41:04 -0400

So I’m messing around with SLP’s and want to make sure the behavior I’m seeing is expected.  Basically what I see is that every SLP relocation is broken out with one client per job.  With DSSU relocation you can set the STAGING_JOB_KB_LIMIT and it will group all of the clients into larger jobs not to exceed that size.  Here’s how I have lifecycle parameters configured:

# cat LIFECYCLE_PARAMETERS

DUPLICATION_SESSION_INTERVAL_MINUTES 10

MIN_KB_SIZE_PER_DUPLICATION_JOB 209715200

MAX_KB_SIZE_PER_DUPLICATION_JOB 2147483648

IMAGE_EXTENDED_RETRY_PERIOD_IN_HOURS 2

MAX_MINUTES_TIL_FORCE_SMALL_DUPLICATION_JOB 30

If, for example, I backed up 10 clients of 20GB each I expect that it would group the relocation of the clients into one job with a size of 200GB for that job but what I get is 10 20GB jobs.  It gets the job done but I have to believe there is additional overhead with running that way.  Is this expected behavior or is something wrong?

Barclays
www.barclaycardus.com

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential and/or proprietary information. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity who is the intended recipient. Unauthorized use of this information is prohibited. If you have received this in error, please contact the sender by replying to this message and delete this material from any system it may be on.