Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] What Is The Purpose For My Brocade Switch?

2009-07-01 10:59:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] What Is The Purpose For My Brocade Switch?
From: tburrell <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 10:56:29 -0400
Will,
You could connect directly, but then each tape drive would only be able to talk
to the media server it's connected to.  I'd guess that you are probably running
Shared Storage Option- in order to take advantage of that you need some way to
allow each tape drive to accept data from several different sources- that is
the function of your switch.

If you aren't running SSO, you probably should.  I'd do that before I took out
the switch in any event.

Tom Burrell