Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Sharing tape library between two master servers

2009-06-27 11:04:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Sharing tape library between two master servers
From: zarla <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 09:29:33 -0400
Hello All,

Due to security constraints, I would like share a tape library between two
master servers, instead the standard config with one master and one media
server. With this configuration I will be sure to not mix meta data in the same
catalog. Is it possible without physical partitionning ? I did it in past with
another backup software called Time Navigator. I installed an additionnal piece
of software , LSM. Our NetBackup Server Enterprise release is 6.5.2.

Thanks by advance for your answer.

Regards, François.