Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 2 Masters and only 1 tape library - DR Exercise coming up

2009-06-25 14:26:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 2 Masters and only 1 tape library - DR Exercise coming up
From: Dennis Peacock <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 14:22:58 -0400
Sungard only has one tape library available for our up and coming DR Exercise,
an IBM 3584 with 8 LTO-4 drives. SG doesn't have any more tape libraries and we
have 2 master servers to setup and do multiple restores from for two different
businesses/customers.

What's going to be my best method for 2 master servers and a single tape
library so I can share the drives between the two masters?
The tape library can NOT be LPAR'd as I've been told by SG. So this will have
to be done with Netbackup????

Please advise.