Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup Catalog Location

2009-06-24 10:28:25
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup Catalog Location
From: "Daniel Otto" <dan_otto AT symantec DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 07:25:14 -0700
You can compress the catalog to recover disk space. But be aware it can
cause delays in restores because of having to uncompress the catalog.
In the master server host properties there is a number of days to
compress catalog setting. If you typically don't do restores beyond a
certain time frame you can set the compress catalog interval to a time
so most of the restores would not have to uncompress the images needed
for the restore. E.g. if you only restore typically within two weeks of
the backup, compress the catalog after 30 days. Set the Compress Catalog
Interval to 30 days. Then either run a catalog backup or the command
bpimage -cleanup -allclients and the catalog will be compressed based on
the days you set in the master server host properties.