Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Snap backup methods.

2009-06-20 19:30:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Snap backup methods.
From: Jeff Cleverley <jeff.cleverley AT avagotech DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 17:26:49 -0600
Greetings,

I really feel like a pest lately but I need some more help.  I think I should be able to do what I want to do, but I can't figure out how to do it.  I have a NetApp filer that I use as a snapvault secondary.  It has the NearStore license and personality.  I use regular nightly snapvault schedules to backup the primary volumes to the secondary.  I do not want to have Veritas touch or be involved with the primary filers in in way.

What I would like to do is have Veritas create a local snapshot on my secondary for each volume I want it to back up and then back that snapshot up to a tape library on my master/media server.

The closest I seem to be able to get is to create a disk storage unit for each volume I want to backup and then have to create a separate policy for each volume I want to back up using the separate storage unit somehow.  The more I read the Snapshot Client Admin guide the more confused I'm getting.

Thanks,

Jeff
--

Jeff Cleverley