Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Performance tuning wait and delay entries.

2009-06-20 14:39:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Performance tuning wait and delay entries.
From: Jeff Cleverley <jeff.cleverley AT avagotech DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 12:36:09 -0600
Greetings,

According to the documentation, if logging verbosity is on there will be entries in the bpbkar logs on the client and bptm logs on the media server that show the wait and delay statistics.  I'm testing a 6.5.3 installation using remote NDMP so I don't have any client software installed on the NetApp and no bpbkar logs to look at.  These entries don't show up in the bptm logs on my master server which is also the media server.

I've set VERBOSE entries in the bp.conf with values of 1 and 5 and restarted everything just to make sure it gets read again.  I've also gone into the host properties for the master and media server configurations.  The robust logging is checked and all logging levels are maxed out at 5.  I don't have any of the waited for or delay X number of times messages.  It does seem to dump a lot of non-intuitively named files into /usr/openv/logs but spot checking those isn't showing anything.  Is there a rhyme or reason for these log file names to try and figure out which ones to look for?

What am I missing here?

Thanks,

Jeff
--