Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] bpadm error

2009-06-18 14:14:16
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] bpadm error
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: "Baumann, Kevin" <kbaumann AT akamai DOT com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 14:11:08 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009, Baumann, Kevin wrote:

>> What happens if you run:
>
>> $ /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bppolicynew test
>> $
>
> # /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bppolicynew test
> cannot connect on socket
>
>> Is your master working?
>> bpps -a output?
>
> # bpps -a
> NB Processes
> ------------
> /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/nbsl
> /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpdbm
> /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/nbstserv
> /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/nbsvcmon
> /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpcompatd
> /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/nbrmms
>
> MM Processes
>

> # /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bppolicynew test
> cannot connect on socket

Something seems wrong here, check jnbSA/make sure all the appropriate
processes are active- I normally see that when one of the processes down
or a service died, or xinetd/inetd is not started.

If you can, try to cycle services (bp.kill_all) & netbackup start (if
possible).

If all else fails, check all of the logs in usr/openv/netbackup/logs/* for
today's date and there you should find the problem :)

Justin.