Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.5.4 appearing on FTP site

2009-06-18 12:44:45
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.5.4 appearing on FTP site
From: "Rosenkoetter, Gabriel" <Gabriel.Rosenkoetter AT radian DOT biz>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU" <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 12:40:16 -0400
I've been running 6.5.4 (via the FA program) in production for a week and a
half now without issues and in a testing environment for about a month before
that (through some beta versions). Your environments may have corner cases that
mine lack, but there don't appear to be any glaring issues in basic
functionality (including restores).

I've had some problems with AD granular restores (more specifically, with 6.5.4
domain controllers actually sending the System State:\ target), but Symantec
has been unable to independently reproduce them, so I wouldn't let that
frighten anyone.

--
Gabriel Rosenkoetter
Radian Group Inc, Senior Systems Engineer