Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restore request times out

2009-06-17 17:04:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restore request times out
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 17:01:21 -0400
I'm trying to restore Linux file server data in the millions of files
and terabytes of data and my restore GUI keeps timing out with:

"Timed out while for acknowledgement. The restore may or may not have
initiated. Check the status of the Netbackup Client Service; it must be
running in order to start a restore. The server returned error code 23,
more information can be found in the Netbackup Troubleshooting Guide."
If I walk down the tree structure and select a sub/sub/sub folder then
the restore works fine.

Does anyone know if / where this timeout is?  I can break up the
restores somewhat, but at the current pace I'll have to run 100+ jobs to
get this to work.

Thanks,

-Jonathan