Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Exchange Agent

2009-06-15 15:18:46
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Exchange Agent
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: "Donaldson, Mark" <Mark.Donaldson AT Staples DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 15:15:34 -0400
Works great, backing up about 600GB here using it.  Point your selection list at your information store (i.e. Microsoft Information Store:\) and run a full.  The full backups all the data files and log files then truncates the log files.  Differential incrementals backup and truncate the log files, cumulative incrementals backup but do not truncate the log files.  You can restore as long as you have your latest full and all logs up to the point in time you want to recover to (not unlike standard backups.)  Restores can be a little tricky version to version (different options) but for the most part it works great.  Recovery storage groups are the easiest, but your exchange admin might want to chime in on this.

-Jonathan