Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Windows Admin Console

2009-06-11 14:06:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Windows Admin Console
From: "Cornely, David" <David_Cornely AT intuit DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 11:02:51 -0700

So I’ve tried tracking down the process for doing this but have come up empty in both the admin guides and Symantec knowledge base.  I’ve opened a case with Symantec but it’s a 6 hour callback so I figured maybe someone here has this info or can refer me to a specific procedure in one of the guides that I’ve missed.

Environment:

NBU v6.5.3  on master server running Oracle Enterprise Linux (really just a useless version of RHEL).

Specifically, I’m trying to configure the remote Windows admin console on a 64- bit W2K3 server to be used by a non-admin user with relying on Active Directory for authorization.  Oh yeah, this is behind a firewall too.

The authorization configuration on the master server is rather cryptic and there just isn’t a clear step-by-step process on how to do this (from the packages I need installed on the master to the firewall ports to open to the actual config on the master).  I would have used the Java console instead but discovered there isn’t one for 64-bit Windows until 6.5.4 is realease.

TIA,

-Dave