Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU media server cluster

2009-06-10 23:13:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU media server cluster
From: "Mark .." <polyfuze_4336 AT yahoo DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 20:10:03 -0700 (PDT)
Guys,

I would love to seek your assistance and opinions on this setup. I have two SQL server nodes clustered using Microsoft Cluster. Version of DB and OS is SQL 2007 and Windows Ent 2008 x64.

On each node, there are two DB instance, DB A and DB B, DB A will be active on Node 1 and DB B will will be passive mode on Node 1. On Node 2 DB B is active while DB A is passive. Its kind of a cross active-passive cluster setup.

My question is what is the best approach to backup both DB in a clustered NBU media server configuration? Can NBU services failover to the other node in case of disaster and resume backup as per normal?

Thanks