Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Can you reassure my understanding.

2009-06-09 15:51:32
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Can you reassure my understanding.
From: "Donaldson, Mark" <Mark.Donaldson AT Staples DOT com>
To: "Boris Kraizman" <sysadminzone AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 13:47:48 -0600
That's a cool option, I'll have to look into it.

However, in this case, the OP is working with Solaris boxen and those are the ones I murdered by doing a full restore.

You can do work arounds - restore to an alternate path, mess with the mount table to change what's the root filesystem device and reboot.  But simply doing a jumpstart or other simply restore and then writing over the running OS with an on-tape OS doesn't work.

-M