Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP NetApp vfiler & millions of files...

2009-06-03 13:09:47
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP NetApp vfiler & millions of files...
From: <Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com>
To: Boris Kraizman <sysadminzone AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 12:06:23 -0500

As I'm sure many others can attest, SSO for NDMP works quite well.

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP, VCS ▪ Sr. Storage Engineer ▪ SunGard Availability Services ▪ 757 N. Eldridge Suite 200, Houston TX 77079 ▪ 281-584-4693
Keeping People and Information Connected® ▪ http://availability.sungard.com/
P Think before you print
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.

Boris Kraizman <sysadminzone AT gmail DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

06/02/2009 03:55 PM

VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc
Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP NetApp vfiler & millions of files...

Hi,

I have the same now, but with EMC Celerra, I tested with multistreaming and multiple backup policies for different mount points, I also created multiple mount points on the filer instead a giant one. I can see it streams better, now I want to team the nics on the media backup server and see how it works. Also EMC and Symantec recommend to have 6.5.3 patch level as it has many fixes for NDMP. Also, you might consider to use fiber attach your filer to the tape library, per Symantec, you should be able to use SSO as well.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Boris