Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Successful Backup Report

2009-06-01 12:22:17
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Successful Backup Report
From: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 11:19:07 -0500
The report I use - shows for each Error return code which servers had
it.
So if a server has 6 jobs and they all died with a 1 the server name
would show up once under code 1.

If 5 of the jobs were 0 and 1 job was 1 then the server name would show
up under both 0 and 1.

The point of my report was to see the 'odd' return codes like 71, 150,
49

Those I need to look and find out what went wrong.  I just care to see
what servers are having issues - it does not matter to me how many of
the jobs failed but that they did fail.

If you want more detail then play with the command.

At one point I had it reporting EVERY job, and details about all that
failed.

Like this:
01/02/2009 18:15:21 <mediaserver> <clientname>  from client
<clientname>: WRN - can't
                    open file: C:\Program
                    Files\TelStrat\CallParrot\CallParrotConfig_Data.mdf
(WIN32
                    32: The process cannot access the file because it is
being
                    used by another process. )

But this was more then I needed as I always go to the console to look
into the errors anyway.
I tested out 7 or 8 different ways with the command before I got the
format I liked.  You can just test yourself until you get what you like.