Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Migrating a 6.5+ master server from one host to another

2009-06-01 11:39:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Migrating a 6.5+ master server from one host to another
From: "Rosenkoetter, Gabriel" <Gabriel.Rosenkoetter AT radian DOT biz>
To: "Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 11:35:44 -0400
I'm in the process of moving from one NetBackup master/media server running
HP-UX 11iv2 to its replacement running RHEL 5.3, which I'd hoped would be
comparatively easy by way of nbrecover -wizard.

What I'm finding, however, is that nbemm *really* doesn't like getting moved to
a different hostname. I'm still hopeful that I can work through the kinks in
order to simply perform a catalog recovery on the new host, but it's clearly
not so easy as using this mechanism for DR recovery (in which I intend the
hostnames to match).

Has anyone attempted this in the past? Do you have a checklist of nbemmcmd
settings to change after bprecover but before restarting NetBackup (or is that
even feasible)?

--
Gabriel Rosenkoetter
Radian Group Inc, Senior Systems Engineer