Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup\Logs contain single .log files

2009-06-01 08:46:55
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup\Logs contain single .log files
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: "WEAVER, Simon \(external\)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 08:43:40 -0400
Simon,

I believe these are the new unified logs.  You can delete them the same are you would other logs (oldest first.)  Are you perhaps saying that the new upgrade is more verbose? I've got the following commands in my notes from Symantec Tech support on making the logging more verbose.  Perhaps you can use them to set logging to something less verbose?

** to increase NDMP logging levels **

\veritas\netbackup\bin\vxlogcfg -a -p 51216 -o 134 -s DebugLevel=5 -s DiagnosticLevel=5

\veritas\netbackup\bin\vxlogcfg -a -p 51216 -o 151 -s DebugLevel=5 -s DiagnosticLevel=5

I think the -o switch relates specifically to NDMP logs.  You probably want to runs this with whatever sets all logs back to 0 debug and diagnostic levels.

Good luck!

-Jonathan