Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Anyone using avamar

2009-05-27 09:33:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Anyone using avamar
From: "Klebba, Don" <DonKlebba AT quickenloans DOT com>
To: "'veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu'" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 09:30:41 -0400

We’re a netbackup shop running NBU 6.5.2a. We currently have some data domain appliances that we backup roughly

25% of our nightly backups to. We’re looking to go tapeless at some point in time and were considering getting larger

Data domain appliances to accomplish this. We’re also a EMC shop. Our EMC BURA guys have been pushing their Avamar

Solution to us. I must admit it sounds promising, but I’m a little skeptical at this solution.

                Has anyone had any experiences, either good or bad with Avamar?

Don Klebba
Quicken Loans
Storage Management Team
DonKlebba AT quickenloans DOT com