Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Fwd: Netbackup BMR Thoughts

2009-05-26 06:47:53
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Fwd: Netbackup BMR Thoughts
From: Bluejay AT fujigreenwood DOT com
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 06:43:54 -0400
>- It doesn't support restore to dissimilar hardware for Linux.

We use a lot of RedHat and RedHat-clone distributions, and dissimilar hardware is no issue.

For DR we use a live CD with a NetBackup client on it and a script that handles all the grunt work. The worst we might have to do is build a new initrd file with drivers for the boot disk.

                                                                      - Bluejay Adametz

Resisting temptation is easier when you think you'll probably get another chance later on.