Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Licensing questions

2009-05-15 11:46:12
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Licensing questions
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: "David McWilliams" <davidkmcw AT gmail DOT com>, "NetBackup List" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 11:42:58 -0400
Go to policies and try to create a "Standard" policy.  If you can create a standard policy then yes, you have a license key that will allow you to add Linux/Unix policies and backup those kinds of hosts.  Last time I checked I don't think the Windows and Unix/Linux clients were the same SKUs (someone will probably correct me) so this probably isn't legal according to your licensing agreement unless you've purchased Unix/Linux client licenses.

-Jonathan