Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Nbu 5.1 VCS cluster not setup right

2009-04-30 18:03:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Nbu 5.1 VCS cluster not setup right
From: Suresh_Natarajan AT toyota DOT com
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 15:05:00 -0700

Hi folks,

We are in the process of upgrading form NBU 5.1 to 6.5.3 in a clustered environemnt VCS cluster on solaris 9,  pure master server only  (single node cluser from the beginning & can not failover)

But one of the pretasks for the Cluster environment do not match up & we are trying to identify the issue.
1. The VNAME in VCS_NBU_RSP does not match with the first server name entry in the bp.conf
2. The CLUSTER_NAME=xxxxx is commented out in the bp.conf.

When we try to uncomment the cluster_name in bp.conf & match the vame with the first server entry in bp.conf. And then we tried to reclcle the master services,
All the services start but when we run the backup jobs no jobs are visible in the console(windows GUI & java as well).

so after some we revert back the change & all the backup jobs are running & visible.

I do not have any clue what is happening, iam working with the Veritas support on this but not able to identiy the problem. the saisure that the below 3 directories in the Shared disk.

/usr/openv/volmgr/database
/usr/openv/netbackup/db
/usr/openv/var/global

I would like to check do any one have cluster configured & have faced any of this issues in the past.?
can any one tell me what are the folders meed to be on the shared disk?

With out fixing this if it possible to do the upgrade successful?

Regards,

Suresh Natarajan
TFS Storage & Backup DNE
South Campus, Torrance,
Work   : (310) 468 9308
Cell     : (310) 503 0901
mail to: suresh_natarajan AT toyota DOT com

Tata Consultancy Services Ltd.