Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Manually eject tapes with vmchange

2009-04-29 11:14:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Manually eject tapes with vmchange
From: "Baumann, Kevin" <kbaumann AT akamai DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 11:10:49 -0400

All,

I am trying to write a script that will eject tapes and I am using the following command:

vmchange -res -multi_eject -rn 0 -rt TLD -rh robot_control_host -ml mediaID

This works fine the first time, but the robot no longer works and I need to restart Netbackup for the robot to do anything again.  Robtest does not even work, it just waits to open the robot device.

Has anyone seen this before?

NB Version: 6.5.3

Master server OS: Solaris 10

Robot control server OS: SuSE Linux 10