Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Puredisk experiences ?

2009-04-23 12:29:29
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Puredisk experiences ?
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: Michael Graff Andersen <mian71 AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 11:26:20 -0500
On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 2:57 AM, Michael Graff Andersen <mian71 AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

We are considering Puredisk for our remote offices and would like to hear other users experiences with it

PureDisk is great for backups but you have to have a serious look at your restore requirements.  For example, if you have a double-disk failure in a RAID5 set at a local office and lose a large raidset, you could be restoring by shipping disk drives rather than a network-based restore.

For a restore of a word processing document or spreadsheet, PureDisk is fantastic.  If you anticipate restores of a user's 10GB PST file, this could become painful.

That said, we really like PureDisk technically.  We still don't like the price...
    .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org