Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Celerra/ndmp incrs running as fulls

2009-04-21 12:29:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Celerra/ndmp incrs running as fulls
From: "Stafford, Geoff" <GStafford AT barclaycardus DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 12:26:35 -0400

Can someone give me a quick overview of how the determination is made of what files need to be backed up in an ndmp incremental?  It doesn't appear to be archive bit based....is it last modified, is there a change journal on the filer?

Short version of the story we have an emc celerra ns42g that has a windows/cifs file system that does fulls everynight no matter what. Obviously confirmed not everything is changing, confirmed the backup levels are being passed correctly from nbu to the celerra and it's not actually running a full.  Getting some finger pointing on the cases open with both emc and symantec.

Barclays
www.barclaycardus.com

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential and/or proprietary information. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity who is the intended recipient. Unauthorized use of this information is prohibited. If you have received this in error, please contact the sender by replying to this message and delete this material from any system it may be on.