Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] question about checkpoint

2009-04-16 20:11:58
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] question about checkpoint
From: "bob944" <bob944 AT attglobal DOT net>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 20:08:20 -0400
> I have only a question with the checkpoint in policies :
>
> I have test a backup with use checkpoint positionning all the 15
> minutes and after about 20 minutes i cancel this job, but it'is
> not possible to resume job with checkpoint position!
>
> is it normal that the job can't restart with the last checkpoint ?
> or exist a another soluce to do it ?

In addition to what Ed said, you may not have completed a
checkpoint.  The checkpoint is made when a client reaches the end of
the file being backed up when the time value is reached.  If a large
or slow file started at, say, 12 minutes past the start or previous
checkpoint, and took 20 minutes to back up, the checkpoint would be
at the 32-minute mark.

If, somehow, it were critical to know this, look at the FRAGMENT
lines in that backup's metadata file.  One that is not that storage
unit's Fragment Size probably signals that a checkpoint.was made.