Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Concurrent Phase 1 and 2 imports

2009-04-16 10:16:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Concurrent Phase 1 and 2 imports
From: Heathe Kyle Yeakley <hkyeakley AT gmail DOT com>
To: Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 09:13:00 -0500
Environment - NetBackup 6.0 MP4 at Site A and Site B

I have an image created at site A that I would like to import into the
master server at site B. The image is scattered across approximately 25
volumes. My tape library is a Dell 136T with 6 tape drives. My question:

Can I open 6 different putty sessions into my Linux master server and
run 'bpimport -create_db_info -id vol_ser_x' and have 1 tape in each of
my 6 drives being imported in parallel?

Do I have to import all 25 of them serially?

And, am I correct in saying that before I can do the phase 2 import that
I have to perform phase 1 against all 25 tapes first? If there are multiple
images I want to import via phase 2, can I do those in parallel or do they have
to be done one at a time as well?

Thanks.

- Heathe