Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP SSO tape drive backup failing

2009-04-16 05:09:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP SSO tape drive backup failing
From: mark wragge <mark_t_wragge AT yahoo DOT ie>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 09:05:36 +0000 (GMT)
Hi .Have just configured netbackup 6.5.3 using the device wizard to configure a robot and 2 lto4 tape drives which are Shared on a SAN. The drives are shared between the Linux backup server and 1 Netapp Filers. The device wizard has correctly detected the Robot and 2 Tape Drives which are shared with the NDMP device.

I can use the master server to perform a backup successfully. When i try to perofrm a backup of /vol/vol0 using the NDMP storage unit the backup fails. THe NDMP tape devices have not come online under device monitor.

I have used the dump command on the netapp filer to succesfully use the tape devices. I have run the sysconfig -t command to see the 2 tape devices. NDMPD status is on.

I have used the tpautoconf probe  and veirfy and commands successfully to connect to the netapp filer.

Netbackup appears to have configured the library correctly with 2 tape devices shared by 2 servers (one linux master server and the other netapp filer).

Is there something that i am missing that is preventing these ndmp backusp to work in a shared tape environment?

thanks for any help!!