Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Can't upgrade past 6.0 client

2009-04-08 23:29:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Can't upgrade past 6.0 client
From: zimmy00 <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 23:26:21 -0400
The problem is not with the OS type... it is the same 2000 and 2003 that I have
hundreds of other clients installed with. The error as well as the fact that
the older clients of netbackup (which don't require any real connection to the
master server to install)  show that it probably has something to do with port
connections.  There are no firewalls in between the servers and the master
servers have hundreds of other clients that installed and backup with no
problems so I know it's not the master servers.  I have tried to upgrade from 6
(the latest version that works) as well as direct to 6.5 from clean and not
been able to.

So I'm trying to figure out if it is a problem with the port on the client
servers... how the heck can i figure out what is causing the problem?