Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Can't upgrade past 6.0 client

2009-04-08 07:41:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Can't upgrade past 6.0 client
From: zimmy00 <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 18:16:41 -0400
I have over 300 clients out there and out of those I can't seem to get a
handful of them upgraded past 6.  Now I know that unlike 6 and before, 6.5
requires communication with the server, however there are no firewalls in the
way.  And the servers backup with no problem with the older clients installed.
The only error I see in the logs is "Failed to connect to server. Error:
0x800401F0" and of course during the install the app says "Installation was
interupted".

I know it's not the master servers since they have no problem getting to other
clients.  DNS is not an issue because the master is a unix server and I use the
hosts table.  And as stated there are no firewalls in between.  Anyone have any
idea's because I can't think of anything else.